For each GFF license plate that is sold or renewed in Georgia, $20 goes to the Foundation to support our communications, education, leadership and competitiveness efforts. In addition, it helps to raise the awareness of the Foundation and the importance of Georgia’s working forests and forest product industries!
Buying a GFF plate is easy – follow these easy steps!
- Click here to fill out a form and pay your one-time $25 manufacturing fee.
- Wait until you receive an email from Department of Revenue that will have the subject line “Sponsor Plate Receipt.” Print off the attachment and bring it with you to your local county tag office. If you don’t receive this email after 24 hours, please contact Tom Beyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Present your printed Sponsor Plate Receipt form to the local tag office and request the Georgia Forestry Foundation plate – plate code: GB.
- Remember to bring a screwdriver and unscrew your current plate off your vehicle and bring it inside with you
- Also remember to bring a copy of your vehicle registration inside with you.
- If you’ve already renewed your vehicle registration this year, your total at the tag office should be $35. If not, the annual $20 registration fee will be added on top of that and your total at the tag office will be $55.
- After paying, the tag office will provide you with a temporary tag and you should receive the GFF tag in the mail in approximately two weeks.